West Florida Inspections Your Home Inspector. Call Now. 941-981-9720
Protect Your Home with a Florida Wind Mitigation Inspection
The sole purpose of a Wind Mitigation Inspection is to determine if you could qualify for insurance discounts and reduce your homeowner insurance premium.
Florida Statute: 627.711 Notice of premium discounts for hurricane loss mitigation; uniform mitigation verification inspection form.—
Your insurance company is legally required to offer you these savings, in order to find out if your home qualifies, you will need to have a FLORIDA WIND MITIGATION INSPECTION done. At West Florida Inspections, this is a standard part of our “BETTER” inspection. (However, this service is also offered as a stand-alone inspection as well).
During a Wind Mitigation Inspection, the inspector will look at
and report on the following:
• When the home was built and what building code was used during its construction
• What type of windows and doors you have and their protection
• The shape your roof (gable, hap, flat. mansard. etc.)
• What kind of roof covering was installed and when
• How the roof deck is installed and what kind of fasteners were used
• How the roof trusses were installed and connected to the rest of the structure
We urge every homeowner and home buyer who would like to keep their insurance premiums as low as possible have a Wind Mitigation Inspection performed.
This is the form you need to receive you state mandated insurance premium discount and is included with your standard inspection
HOME MAINTENANCE BOOK
OFFERS & GUARANTEES
Proudly Serving Manatee,Sarasota,Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties.
Sarasota,Lakewood Ranch, Bradenton Holmes Beach,Palmetto,Parrish,St. Pete,Apollo Beach,Ruskin,Anna Maria Island.
© 2016 West Florida Inspections
2311 58th st E Palmetto Florida 34221